I'm testing the ability to post a flickr pic directly to my blog. This is one of the ice storm pictures that I really liked, that nobody else thought was very interesting. I think this is probably my favorite.
This was taken from my front porch. We have a plum tree right outside our dining room bay window. It was supposed to be a dwarf tree, but it keeps growing out of control. I have to cut about 8 feet off of its top every year. When the ice storm hit, it coated the tree with so much ice that the branches hung down almost to the ground. As I was shooting this picture, I was standing up directly in front of my front door, pointing the camera directly ahead. You had to stoop down like a limbo dancer to get past this branch.
I thought it was a cool shot, in that the ice-covered branches are so dense that you can't see the yard beyond it. Oh well. I guess my definition of "interesting" differs from most folks'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment