I'm so bored executing my test plan, I just have to take a break. I'm so bored, in fact, that I'm going to make a blog entry - now that's saying something!I got the bike out yesterday and rode the trail from my house, north as far as I could go. The trail ends on the North side of town, right behind the missile plant. That was about a 7 mile trip, so I took the opportunity to get off the bike, remove my stupid-looking helment and my stupid-looking half gloves, and allow the blood to flow back into my backside and fingers. As I was stretching and enjoying the spring evening, I saw a car tear out of the plant. It went behind some trees and came by me, heading south, on the road that runs between the trail and the factory. Boeing Security. Guess they thought I was there doing recon for the commies or something. I must have looked non-threatening enough, though, because he passed me right by and went after the black guy walking along the road. Like a dog barking behind the fence at the mailman. Funny.
That's a nice ride. Usually I go over the bridge, and around the lake and back. From my house to the end of the trail and back is about the same distance. There's one killer hill either way. The only problem with going north is that there are about three "unbearable stench" points. The first is right past the tunnel as you come upon the Casino. I guess that's where the RVs dump, because there were two of them parked right there when I noticed the noxious fumes. Then, just past the parking lot where they have the farmer's market, just before you get to the ACF factory, there's a pumping station right on the trail. Whew, boy! Don't take a deep breath right at that moment, or you may fall off your bike. Later you go past the RV park, and there's a bit of a stench eminating from there too. Of course, you could go south and then you get to go past the pig farms and the Sewage Treatment plant. We live in such an aromatic county!
There are good smells too - all along main street, and my ride was right at dinner time so all the restaurants were cooking. The Brewpub was giving out that wonderful aroma of boiling wort and hickory smoke from the smoker. Wish I had had time to stop for a Brown Ale.

No comments:
Post a Comment