
My daughter reports that she has been told that it is ILLEGAL to fast-forward through the annoying "Sneak Previews" that DVD producers (especially Disney) force you to watch before you can get to the main menu. I can't believe that it can be true, but if it is, it is a PERFECT example of something that needs to be fixed. It ought to be freakin' illegal to attempt to force someone to view an advertisement that they would rather not see, not illegal to avoid them. It's bad enough that it has basically become illegal for me to buy software that copies a DVD so that if my 3-year-old stuffs "Apollo 13" in the garbage disposal, I don't have to go out and plunk down another $32. Reminds me of something my credit card company told me. They were trying to sell me some scam called "Account Guard" or something. For the low price of something like $125/year, they will send me my credit report. When I told them that I was not interested in sharing $125 more of my salary with them, they asked why. I said, "Why should I pay you $125 for something I can do myself for free?" They informed me that, if I request my own credit report, my credit rating takes a hit. Now that is a bunch of excrement. I do believe that's probably true (just like the Insurance company that raises your rate just because you call them to see if they'll cover a sewer backup in your basement - bastards!). It ought to be illegal.

2 comments:
I know - you think this is B.S., right?
Check This out
And This
Also This
I'm not the only one that thinks it ought to be illegal. Now there is a law that states that you MUST be allowed to retrieve your credit report once every 12 months from each of the credit reporting companies, for free. You can request yours at www.annualcreditreport.com. Check out info about this on www.ftc.gov/credit
Post a Comment